5th Year of On-Hand Fire Extinguisher Training
Safety Continues to be our Priority!
It’s that time of year again for cooler temperatures and pumpkin spiced everything, but did you know October is also Fire Prevention month! The goal is to raise awareness about fire safety and to help be prepared in the event of an emergency.
Hutchins staff took part in a class to review the types of fire extinguishers in the workplace and how to use them. With our trainer, Donald Michael, we began with in classroom training and then practiced putting out a live fire with the extinguishers.
Trainer Rilo Michael explaining the value of fire extinguisher training
Rilo demonstrating proper handling of a fire extinguisher using the PASS method
Whole Home Safety Tips
- Install smoke and CO alarms on every level and in every bedroom
- Test alarms regularly
- Replace alarm batteries every six months
- Alarms don’t last forever, remember to replace alarms at least every 10 years
- Keep a fire extinguisher on every level and know how to use it
- Plan and practice an escape route with your family
- If your alarms sound, leave immediately for fresh air and call 911